As an Inside Out Awards and The Inside Out Community subscriber, you’ll be notified about our upcoming events, news or changes to the site. Our updates also offer insights into wider topics relevant to in-house creative teams, including our partners and sponsors. You will have the option to change your preferences at any time.
WHO CONTROLS MY PERSONAL DATA?
- The data controller is Inside Out Awards, registered in the UK, company number 12936512
- The Inside Out Awards is registered with the ICO, Reference: ZB088219
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Data Protection Officer
- You can contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The categories of personal data collected are your name, job title, company name, company/home address, business email and telephone.
How is your information used?
Your information may be used to:
- Process membership fees
- Deal with entries and nominations into the Inside Out Awards.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- Notify you about campaigns, upcoming events and changes to our websites.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING?
- At the Inside Out Awards™ we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as a legal basis for processing personal data.
- GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’.
- By submitting your information you have accepted that you understand and accept this as valid legal basis for processing your personal data.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
- Unless we receive permission from you, or are required to by a court of law, your data will not be rented, or sold to anyone, or otherwise shared without your consent. The information you have provided will not be available to anyone other than employees, contracted service providers, sponsors and partners. This data will be handled by said providers for purposes of contacting you in line with your preferences. We only work with GDPR compliant suppliers.
- In addition to any details you provide when using the site, we gather aggregate site traffic information. This aggregate data allows us to monitor browsing patterns and thus improve service.
- Please note that by entering our awards you agree to be contacted directly by our sponsors.
WILL THE DATA LEAVE THE UK?
The Inside Out Awards and the inside out community has advised all parties that data may not be transferrable outside the UK without submitting satisfactory proof of their safeguarding methods and proof of a certified privacy shield.
HOW LONG WILL THE DATA BE KEPT?
The retention period for personal data is 5 years, in alignment with the average length of time an individual will remain in his or her current job post. The data subject reserves the right to change their preferences or withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
The Inside Out Awards and the Inside Out Community confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES & UNSUBSCRIBING
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, there is a simple method to unsubscribe or change your preferences for any future correspondence.
Please contact email@example.com. You will be given a link to unsubscribe on every communication.