As an Inside Out® Awards and The Inside Out® Community subscriber, you’ll be notified about our upcoming events, news or changes to the site. Our updates also offer insights into wider topics relevant to in-house creative teams, including our partners, advisors and sponsors. You will have the option to change your preferences at any time.
WHO CONTROLS MY PERSONAL DATA?
- The data controller is Inside Out® Awards, registered in the UK, company number 12936512
- The Inside Out® Awards is registered with the ICO, Reference: ZB088219
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Data Protection Officer
- You can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The categories of personal data collected are your name, job title, company name, company/home address, business email and telephone.
How is your information used?
Your information may be used to:
- Process membership fees
- Deal with entries and nominations into the Inside Out® Awards.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- Notify you about campaigns, upcoming events and changes to our websites.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING?
- At the Inside Out® Awards we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as a legal basis for processing personal data.
- GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’.
- By submitting your information you have accepted that you understand and accept this as valid legal basis for processing your personal data.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
- Unless we receive permission from you, or are required to by a court of law, your data will not be rented, or sold to anyone, or otherwise shared without your consent. The information you have provided will not be available to anyone other than employees, contracted service providers, advisors, sponsors and partners. This data will be handled by said providers for purposes of contacting you in line with your preferences. We only work with GDPR compliant suppliers.
- In addition to any details you provide when using the site, we gather aggregate site traffic information. This aggregate data allows us to monitor browsing patterns and thus improve service.
- Please note that by entering our awards you agree to be contacted directly by our sponsors.
WILL THE DATA LEAVE THE UK?
The Inside Out® Awards and the Inside Out® Community has advised all parties that data may not be transferrable outside the UK without submitting satisfactory proof of their safeguarding methods and proof of a certified privacy shield.
HOW LONG WILL THE DATA BE KEPT?
The retention period for personal data is 5 years, in alignment with the average length of time an individual will remain in his or her current job post. The data subject reserves the right to change their preferences or withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
The Inside Out® Awards and the Inside Out® Community confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES & UNSUBSCRIBING
If you do not want to receive communications from us, you can easily unsubscribe or change your preferences for future correspondence. Just click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails and follow the instructions.
OUR USE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
In this section, we detail our application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies within our organisation. We aim to provide clarity on how we use AI, particularly focusing on non-personal data processing for operational purposes such as document and call summarisation. This includes our commitment to data protection, the specific purposes for which AI is employed, and our approach to ensuring transparency and compliance with data privacy standards. Our intent is to inform our community members about the scope and limitations of our AI usage, reinforcing our commitment to ethical and responsible use of technology.
- AI Use Disclosure: We utilise Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology for specific operational purposes, such as summarising documents and calls. This AI processing is limited to operational data and does not involve personal data of our community members.
- Purpose and Limitation: The AI is employed to enhance operational efficiency by summarising content. It does not involve decision-making processes based on user data, nor does it affect user experience or privacy.
- Data Protection: We ensure that all AI processing complies with our data protection and confidentiality standards. No personal data from our community members is used in these AI processes.
- Transparency: We are committed to transparency in our use of AI technologies and will update our community if the scope of AI application changes in the future.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy and our data handling practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will respond to your inquiries as promptly as possible.