Our Judging Process
We have spent time seeking astute individuals to form a team of independent and impartial judges.
Selecting the right mix of judges has been important to us, ensuring the judging panel represents a range of knowledge, expertise and skills.
To ensure we are transparent with our processes we wanted to provide you with more information about the role of our Judges and the Judging process itself.
The role of our judges
Each Judge is expected to fully participate in the judging process.
- Use their knowledge and experience to assess entries during our judge’s day.
- Check all entries meet the correct category criteria and re-allocate into correct categories if necessary.
- Provide scores and written comments on all shortlisted entrants and award winners.
- Attend the Awards event. It is important that the judges are there to meet all award finalist, sponsors and guests and be accessible to them.
Our judging process
Below is a summary of this year’s Judging process;
- All entries will be sent to the Awards team.
- All entities will be collated into their categories.
- All entries will be checked for eligibility and accuracy.
- All eligible and quality entries shall be evenly distributed amongst the Judging Panel a week before the Judges day for an initial review.
- The Judges day will allow each Judge to discuss the entries they have reviewed and to make their recommendation. We expect there to be discussion and for the Judging Panel to reach a consensus.
- By the end of the Judges day, each category will have a shortlist of entries.
- By the end of Judges Day, each category shall also have a Winner. The Winners will be announced during the Awards final event.
- Please note that a Judge cannot and will not be allowed to review, discuss or have influence upon any categories that their in-house creative teams have entered. These Judges will not be present during these discussions and will not have prior knowledge of the shortlist or winner within the categories affected.
This year, we are hosting a Judges day which will take place online.
This will give our Judges the opportunity to come together to discuss the merits of each entry ensuring a fair, thorough and robust process.
Each Judge shall take the lead on 2 categories and will have the opportunity to have a look through their entries prior to the Judges day.
During the Judges day, each Judge will present their thoughts and discuss the merits of each entry. All Judges will need to come together to decide on the final shortlisted entries and winners for each category. If a final agreement cannot be made, Emma Sexton, Founder of the Inside Out Awards™ shall make the final decision.
“The team at Inside Out did a great job at outlining what to expect, assessing our areas of expertise and giving us an idea of the scope of work. The judging day itself was a lively discussion that gave due consideration to each application, and where there was disagreement, we had further discussion and analysis.”
“In-house creative work is like no other. It’s about in-depth brand knowledge and strategic goals ownership as much as it is about creative concepts and execution. In-house teams deserve to be recognised for their unique impact on business success. Inside Out Awards help to gain that recognition.”
“These awards have been brilliant over the years at recognising in-house creative talent. Agencies are always deemed more creative than teams in-house, but these awards goes to show that in-house teams are producing outstanding award winning work year on year.”